Course type - Certificate in Teaching Younger Learners
Min Age – 20
Price - from £1613.1
To start the course you do not need to have previous experience in teaching younger learners but you must have passed the CELTA. And one more requirement is to have three character references (one of them must be from your current or recent employer).
The course is approved by Cambridge ESOL. Taking the course you will definitely get:
- cooperation with Cambridge approved staff with the relevant experience and training;
- tutorial guidance, support and feedback from experienced trainers for both teaching practice and written work;
- a minimum of 54 hours contact with course tutors including individual consultations;
- 6 hours of assessed teaching practice;
- full access to the required resources;
- assistance in work searching, review of local laws regarding staff employment and copyright.
The main areas of learning include:
• differences between adult and younger learners;
• how children learn;
• teaching lexis;
• accuracy and fluency;
• lesson planning;
• creative games;
• topic-based grammar lessons;
• teacher/student produced materials and adapting published materials;
• project work;
• teenagers and very young learners;
• discipline and classroom management;
• videos and songs.
A valuable part of the course takes teaching practice with children. Children groups consist of children aged between eight and thirteen. After practice you will get feedback on planning and delivering lessons.
School Details - Rome
The school is part of a well known and prestigious international network of schools and its Teacher Training Department has been in existence for more than 30 years. The school is located in an attractive building in central part of the city, close to the Colosseum and the main railway station.
There is a well-equipped Self Study Centre attached. So students can use supplementary reference materials of the extensive library. Photocopying facilities are also available. The well-qualified and friendly staff of the school has already prepared more than a thousand candidates from all over the world for careers both in Italy and further abroad.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date fitting for you.
2. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
3. Complete it offline in your own time.
4. Go back to the site, sign in and submit your completed form.
5. You can also submit an application by fax, or post.
You can get the empty application form here.