The city of Alexandria, founded by Alexander the Great, has always been the centre of philosophy and learning in the ancient world. Nowadays it is recognised around the world as Egypt's summer capital. Steeped in history and bathed in sunshine, it is easy to see why it catches the attention of flocks of visitors.
As well as a rich history and culture, the city has some of the best restaurants and greatest beaches in the whole of Egypt.
In Egypt the school week runs from Sunday to Thursday with classes beginning at 9.30am until 5pm including 1 hour lunch break at 12.30pm. For the period of the first two weeks, you will center on study and preparation for the teaching practice which takes place in the last two weeks of the course. During teaching practice, the morning is spent teaching as the afternoon is a time for feedback and preparation with the help of course tutors.
Why Choose the Course?
The TEFL course is divided into six main areas:
• You will be teaching real English students. This will give you the possibility to put all the techniques you have learnt in the classroom into practice.
• You will get training in an unknown foreign language. This will give you an understanding of the difficulties faced by your future pupils and provide you with ideas on how best to teach people studying English as a second language.
• You will work with individual students on rapport-building, error analysis and correction and addressing individual student needs.
• You will cover Grammar and Phonology.
• You will get the following teaching techniques:
- Planning your lessons
- Managing the classroom
- Establishing a rapport with your students
- How to keep discipline in the classroom
- Using equipment and teaching aids
- Creating teaching materials
- Correction techniques
- Evaluation and testing techniques
- How to teach vocabulary
- How to teach grammar
- How to teach reading and listening
- How to teach speaking and writing
- Using games in the classroom
- Using songs in the classroom
- Teaching beginner students
- Teaching individual students
- Business English
- How to teach younger students
• You will receive TEFL course books that cover:
- Teaching Skills
- Language Awareness and Grammar
TESOL Course Fees
$1590 (including accommodation)
$1390 (excluding accommodation)
• 29 Apr - 24 May 2007
• 27 May - 21 Jun 2007
• 24 Jun - 19 Jul 2007
• 22 Jul - 16 Aug 2007
• 19 Aug - 13 Sep 2007
• 30 Sep - 25 Oct 2007
• 28 Oct - 22 Nov 2007
• 25 Nov - 20 Dec 2007
• 06 Jan - 31 Jan 2008
• 03 Feb - 28 Feb 2008
• 02 Mar - 27 Mar 2008
• 06 Apr - 01 May 2008
• 04 May - 29 May 2008
• 01 Jun - 26 Jun 2008
• 06 Jul - 31 Jul 2008
• 03 Aug - 28 Aug 2008
• 21 Sep - 16 Oct 2008
• 19 Oct - 13 Nov 2008
• 30 Nov - 25 Dec 2008
Apply now for TEFL Course in Alexandria!