Price - from £1646
Course type - Cambridge CELTA
Min age - 18
The course follows the Cambridge CELTA syllabus. It covers the general principles of teaching adult classes from beginner to post-intermediate level. Practice is a significant component of the course. CELTA course students train to teach adult students of English. Be sure, after the completion of the course you will be completely ready for a professional career in ELT. Although you will need the further practice as an active teacher but you can start bravely as a well qualified specialist.
- The general principles and techniques of teaching and learning a foreign language;
- The English language: linguistic form, function, meaning and phonology;
- Teaching and learning the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing;
- Classroom techniques: presentation, practice, checking learning, error analysis, correction, classroom management, group work and pair work;
- Lesson planning; course planning; timetables;
- Different learning and teaching styles at adult level, adult learners' motivations and learning styles;
- The evaluation and use of published and non-published resources and materials;
- Professional development: evaluating one's own strengths and weaknesses, preparing to become a teacher, colleague and employee.
The course has two main parts: the first is seminars and workshops of experienced teachers; and the second is practicing (teaching the students). Students have to spend at least 6 hours teaching in small groups with a teacher supervisor. This part of the course includes preparation, analysis and reflection on teaching practice sessions, and individual tutorials to monitor and discuss progress. Preparation and homework include written assignments and lesson preparation.
This short course (a one-week programme) will give you basics of the Czech language. This course is not theoretical, but completely practical. You will listen to dialogues, repeat the most common phrases, practise the pronunciation and try to speak the new language.
A short 20 hours Czech course enables you to use suitable phrases when meeting people, shopping, restaurants, buying train tickets. After the course you will know names of different shops, foods and places in Prague. You will be able to count and name the figures in the Czech language.
Help in finding Job
During the course you can get addition service concerning job:
- 3 course hours dedicated to the job search, CV writing, and finding the right schools.
- Personalized job hunting tutorial after the first week of the course.
- Recommendations of "match" schools.
- Up-to-date job board.
- Continued email support for three months after course.
Although the school does not guarantee jobs for students, but usually, students successfully completed the course do not have difficulties in finding job. Teachers completing the CELTA course enjoy wide popularity among the employers.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date fitting for you.
2. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
3. Complete it offline in your own time.
4. Go back to the site, sign in and submit your completed form.
5. You can also submit an application by fax, or post.
You can get the empty application form here.