Price - from £1995
Course type - 4-week equivalent TEFL Course
Min age – 20
Class Times: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Input sessions covering grammar, phonetics,
teaching skills, and classroom management.
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Lunch.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Guided lesson preparation time.
The programme of the course contains at least 6 hours to observe experienced professionals teach the class, at least 6 hours of practice teaching with real language learners from the local community, being observed by experienced professionals which give useful consultations on your teaching, instruction and practice in teaching the four basic language skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) and subskills (vocabulary, pronunciation, and grammar), the basics of classroom management (including such issues as error correction and giving instructions; games, activities, and songs appropriate and effective for "real" English learning), an introduction to TEFL testing so that you are familiar with the TOEFL, TOEIC, University of Michigan Tests, an introduction to teaching Business English.
In order to complete the training and meet the course requirements, trainees must:
- Attend the entire course
- Complete a minimum of six hours of practice teaching
- Complete a minimum of six hours of observation of experienced teachers
- Maintain and submit a portfolio of all written assignments and materials related to practice teaching
There are no final tests in the TEFL. Throughout the course, trainers continuously assess trainees in the two major components of their work:
- Practice teaching and lesson planning;
- Written assignments.
School Details - Rio de Janeiro
The school has 20 years experience of preparing English teachers Having successfully completed the course, you’ll come away from the course with a concept of the practical side of ESL/EFL instruction.
The location of the school in Rio is nice as it is placed in a historic building, close to many bus stops, only two blocks from the subway, and within walking distance of dozens of local attractions. The school is completely renovated; it has nine classrooms with audiovisual equipment, central air conditioning, phone and fax services, and access to e-mail and the Internet
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date fitting for you.
2. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
3. Complete it offline in your own time.
4. Go back to the site, sign in and submit your completed form.
5. You can also submit an application by fax, or post.
You can get the empty application form here.