Course Type - Cambridge CELTA
Price - from $2373.15
Part-time course is also available.
Timetable (part-time course)
Monday and Wednesday (5.45 pm - 9.00pm) + alternate Saturdays (9.00am – 4.30pm) + personal preparation time
Price from $2373.15
- A minimum of 100 contact hours between participants and course tutors including input, tutorial support, planning and feedback on teaching practice
- A minimum of 6 hours teaching practice supervised by a course tutor
- A minimum of 8 hours directed observation of lessons taught by experienced teachers
The course is highly practical in approach and is designed to enable participants to:
- Develop an awareness of language and a knowledge of the description of English
- Develop an understanding of the contexts within which adults learn English, their motivations and the roles of the teacher and the learner
- Develop familiarity with the principles and practice of effective teaching to adult learners of English
- Develop basic skills for teaching adults in the language classroom
- Develop familiarity with appropriate resources and materials for use with adult learners of English for teaching, testing and for reference. Identify opportunities for their own future development as professionals in the field.
International House Sydney
IH Sydney is the specialist TESOL teacher training centre of the International House World Organisation (IHWO). IHWO is the oldest and largest network of independent language schools in the world, consisting of 110 schools in 45 countries.
IH Sydney presents a training English teachers programme of high level. All IH Sydney – TTPC trainers are very qualified specialists minimum of 12 years teaching / training experience. They bring international experience to the centre, having worked in over 26 countries, and are enthusiastic about passing their knowledge onto their trainees.
International House trains over 600 teachers a year, IH Sydney – TTPC is one of the largest TESOL institutes in the world. IH Sydney works with individuals, schools, universities and governments to provide TESOL services locally and abroad. Its commitment to quality training and customised approach to syllabus design and delivery are central to its goal of raising the standards of English language teaching (ELT) worldwide. It is able to provide a broader range of TESOL products and services than an independent language school and a more specialised focus than a multi disciplinary university.
Sydney is a gleaming city. Its centre demonstrates unusual connection of futuristic skyline with the arc of the Harbour bridge, across the winding bay. City has one of the world's best city beaches in Bondi and Manly. And the city centre has a nightlife that rivals any in the world. The city is inhebited by almost 2 million people. Here you can travel to see famous Blue Mountains or miles of deserted white sandy beach. Rest assured, you will never want to leave!
Help for Jobs
International House of Australia is a leader among TESOL training schools. And very often language schools in Australia and from around the world invite teachers that were prepared in this schools and got a certificate here.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date fitting for you.
2. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
3. Complete it offline in your own time.
4. Go back to the site, sign in and submit your completed form.
5. You can also submit an application by fax, or post.
You can get the empty application form here.