|Moroccan Association of Teachers of English (MATE) gives support for professional advancement of English language teachers in Morocco. The association supports its members in different ways:|
• Organization of a number of ELT seminars, workshops and summer schools;
• Participation of British Council professionals and experts in MATE national events through workshops and presentations;
• Enabling MATE members to participate in international ELT events and conferences;
• Assistance for newly qualified teachers through the provision of a wealth of ELT materials and resources
• Provision of free places on British Council Teaching training courses.
What is MATE
It is a non-profit organization that gathers a lot of English Language Teaching (ELT) professionals from Morocco and elsewhere. It runs national, regional, and international conferences and colloquia. It also runs various events and in-service training programs all over Morocco. It is recognized in the region as a leader in teacher association.
• contribute to the improvement of the teaching of English in Morocco
• encourage contacts among teachers in Morocco on the one hand, and between these teachers and teachers of English in other countries on the other hand
• encourage research in the field of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) in Morocco
• organize seminars and conferences on the teaching of English in Morocco,
• participate in international conferences and in publications on the teaching of English,
• organize visits or courses in English-speaking countries for the benefit of teachers of English in Morocco,
• gather and circulate information on the teaching of English as a foreign language.
You may also join MATE and become part of their mailing group to take advantage from all these learning opportunities.